We offer a variety of ways for patients on long-term medication to order repeat prescriptions:
- In person - clearly mark the required items on the tear-off repeat slip and drop it in to reception.
- By post - send it to us and enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page and complete a simple one-off registration.
In the interests of safety we regret that medication requests will not be accepted over the telephone.
Some local pharmacies offer a prescription collection service. Please enquire at your local outlet for details.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD)
If you get regular or repeat prescriptions, you could save time by switching to electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD).
eRD sends your prescriptions electronically from your GP surgery to a pharmacy of your choice. It’s easy to use and you don't need a computer or electronic device. Ask your GP or pharmacist to set it up for you.
eRD allows your GP to prescribe your regular medicines for up to a year. It’s reliable, secure and confidential. Your regular prescriptions are stored securely on the NHS database, so they'll be ready at the pharmacy each time you need them.
Using eRD you can:
• save time by avoiding unnecessary trips or calls to your GP every time you need to order a repeat prescription
• order or cancel your repeat prescriptions online (if your GP practice offers this service)
• pick up your repeat prescriptions directly from your pharmacy without having to visit your GP
• spend less time waiting for your prescription in the pharmacy or GP practice
• save paper – you won’t need a paper prescription to collect your medicine from the pharmacy
For more information about eRD and how it works, contact your GP surgery and ask to speak to one of our pharmacists, or visit the NHS website: www.nhs.uk/eRD