Welcome to NEMS Platform One Practice
Welcome along to the NEMS Platform One Practice website where we hope you will quickly benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services. Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home. Please use the menu toolbar to navigate around the website.
75 % of our appointments are released for same day bookings. Please call 0115 8831900 from 8am Monday to Friday if you required one of these appointments.
URGENT PATIENT NOTICE
We recognise that these uncertain times are stressful for everyone but please be reassured that we are still here for you if you need us. If you need to speak to a GP the same day you can still do this via telephone.
We have suspended all face to face appointments as of 13.03.20, however if you still require medical treatment you can phone the practice to request a telephone triage appointment. A clinician will phone you back to assess you. We aim to deal with the majority of issues over the phone but can still see you in practice if clinically required.
We will not be dealing with private work such as letters or medical reports at this time.
Special measures have been put in place at the practice to reflect the government guidelines of social distancing. We may have to do things a little differently but everything has been done to keep our patients and staff as safe and as healthy as possible, and we appreciate your support and patience with this.
NHS Open For Business Key Messages
If you are concerned that you may have coronavirus or may have come into contact with someone who has, the NHS 111 online service has created coronavirus pages that tell you what you should do based on your particular circumstances. These can be accessed at: - https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19
DO NOT go to a GP surgery, community pharmacy or hospital - If you have symptoms call 111, stay indoors, and avoid close contact with other people.
For more updates in relation to coronavirus and the practice, you can follow us on twitter: @platform1_nems
- Please click here to read more about our upcoming procurement: PPG Presentation APMS Platform One Practice
- Please click here to read our UPDATED PRIVACY NOTICE for patients.
- Patients registered at NEMS Platform One Practice should collect their prescriptions/ sick notes/ letters during the practice opening times only. Unfortunately when we are closed, the NEMS Out of Hours staff (based at Station Street) are unable to issue any of those items during our closed hours due to not having authorised access to the Platform One Practice system. To check our opening hours, please click the tab above.
- We have recently updated our telephone system. Patients are now given a series of options when they contact the surgery. Please select the option appropriate for your need. Please be aware that between 8 and 11 am our service prioritises urgent medical needs and same day appointment bookings. For prescription queries or sicknotes (where an appointment is not required), please call after 11am, for queries regarding referrals, medical reports or non-urgent medical needs (where an appointment is not required), please call after 2pm. We do not take prescription requests over the telephone.
- Do you have controlled drug items on your repeat medication? Please ensure that when collecting your prescription from the surgery, you have your ID or someone collecting on your behalf has their ID. Anyone collecting on your behalf (including nominated chemists) will have their name recorded in your notes as the collector of your prescription. If failure to present an acceptable method of identification occurs, we may withhold your prescription until the collector of the prescription returns with ID.
- You can now access a number of services online. Registered patients can now book appointments online and view your summary record. Please let reception know if you would like to register for this service and you will be provided with your log-in details.
GP+ Nottingham City - extended hours access for patients
Offering Evening & Weekend Appointments bookable through your GP practice, patients registered at this practice are able to access additional routine appointments during evenings and weekends through the new GP+ service.
Appointments are available to see GPs, Practice Nurses, Clinical Pharmacists and Physiotherapists in a fully equipped accessible location on Upper Parliament Street in Nottingham City Centre.
Opening hours are:
16:00-20:00 Monday – Friday
09:00-13:00 Saturday & Sunday
This is not a walk-in service, appointments are required and booked through the reception team at the surgery. For more information visit: www.ncgpa.org.uk/gpplus
The staff will strive very hard to ensure we deal with your queries however priority has to be given based on CLINICAL need. Verbal abuse will not be tolerated. Please click below to read our 'Respect Statement'.
Medical information resources are available in different languages on the following link:
Vitamin D is essential for general health and wellbeing, particularly healthy bones and teeth. It is mostly made in the skin by exposure to sunlight. In this country we know that 1 in 5 adults and 1 in 5 children may be deficient in Vitamin D.
In the UK, between the months of September and April, there is insufficient UV light from the sun to allow our skin to make vitamin D. Most people would benefit from taking supplements during this time. If you have been diagnosed with a Vitamin D deficiency and have had a course of Vitamin D it is important that you continue to take a supplement particularly during the winter months. They are cheap to buy from a chemist or supermarket. If you have any concerns about taking vitamin D speak to a member of our team or your local pharmacist.
Please follow the link below to get more information about Vitamin D, who is more susceptible to deficiency and advice about supplementation.
Vitamin D Brochure
NHS Digital Opt Out Programme
NHS Digital Opt Out Programme - Information Poster
Wish to go paperless? Please let Reception know if you would prefer to receive communication from us by email or SMS
(Site updated 02/07/2020)