Welcome to NEMS Platform One Practice
Welcome along to the NEMS Platform One Practice website where we hope you will quickly benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services. Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home. Please use the menu toolbar to navigate around the website.
75% of our appointments are released for same day bookings. Please call the Station Street site on 0115 8831900 from 8am Monday-Friday if you require one of these appointments.
(Please note the Upper Parliament Street Branch Practice, 0115 8831960 does not open until 9am Tuesday-Thursday)
GP+ Nottingham City – extended hours access for patients
Offering Evening & Weekend Appointments bookable through your GP practice, patients registered at this practice are able to access additional routine appointments during evenings and weekends through the new GP+ service.
Appointments are available to see GPs, Practice Nurses, Clinical Pharmacists and Physiotherapists in a fully equipped accessible location on Upper Parliament Street in Nottingham City Centre.
Opening hours are:
16:00-20:00 Monday – Friday
9:00-13:00 Saturday & Sunday
This is not a walk-in service, appointments are required and booked through the reception team at the surgery. For more information visit: www.ncgpa.org.uk/gpplus
Bank Holiday Closures
Friday 24th August - Open as Usual (07:30-18:30)
Saturday 25th August - Closed
Sunday - 26th August - Closed as Usual
Monday 27th August - Closed
Tuesday 28th August - Open as Usual (07:30-18:30)
Please remember that we require 2 full working days notice to process prescription requests. Please order your repeat prescription no later than Wednesday 22nd August if you require your prescription before the weekend. If you require medical assistance during our closing hours please call 111 for the out of hours service.
- Please click here to read our UPDATED PRIVACY NOTICE for patients.
- Patients registered at NEMS Platform One Practice should collect their prescriptions/ sick notes/ letters during the practice opening times only. Unfortunately when we are closed, the NEMS Out of Hours staff (based at Station Street) and GP+ Staff (based at Upper Parliament Street) are unable to issue any of those items during our closed hours due to not having authorised access to the Platform One Practice system. To check our opening hours, please click the tab above.
- On Tuesday 2nd January 2018 we changed our opening hours at our Upper Parliament Street Branch Practice. Please click the opening times tab above to see the new times that our Upper Parliament Street Branch Practice is accessible.
- We have recently updated our telephone system. Patients are now given a series of options when they contact the surgery. Please select the option appropriate for your need. Please be aware that between 8 and 11 am our service prioritises urgent medical needs and same day appointment bookings. For prescription queries or sicknotes (where an appointment is not required), please call after 11am, for queries regarding referrals, medical reports or non-urgent medical needs (where an appointment is not required), please call after 2pm. We do not take prescription requests over the telephone.
- Do you have controlled drug items on your repeat medication? Please ensure that when collecting your prescription from the surgery, you have your ID or someone collecting on your behalf has their ID. Anyone collecting on your behalf (including nominated chemists) will have their name recorded in your notes as the collector of your prescription. If failure to present an acceptable method of identification occurs, we may withhold your prescription until the collector of the prescription returns with ID.
- You can now access a number of services online. Registered patients can now book appointments online and view your summary record. Please let reception know if you would like to register for this service and you will be provided with your log-in details.
The staff will strive very hard to ensure we deal with your queries however priority has to be given based on CLINICAL need. Verbal abuse will not be tolerated
Medical information resources are available in different languages on the following link:
Wish to go paperless? Please let Reception know if you would prefer to receive communication from us by email or SMS
(Site updated 17/08/2018)