Welcome to NEMS Platform One Practice
Welcome along to the NEMS Platform One Practice website where we hope you will quickly benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services. Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home. Please use the menu toolbar to navigate around the website.
75% of our appointments are released for same day bookings. Please call the Station Street site on 0115 8831900 from 8am Monday-Friday if you require one of these appointments.
The practice will be closed from 12.00pm on 11th June 2019 for staff training and reopen at 8.00am on 12th June 2019 as usual
OUR OPENING HOURS ARE CHANGING
As of 1st July our new opening hours will be:
Telephone lines remain the same: 08:00-18:30 -Monday to Friday
We are informing patients of plans to transfer all appointments to our main Platform One surgery at the end of May 2019.
Our branch on Upper Parliament Street, which currently sees fewer than 25 patients a week, is due to close on 30th May.
The move is part of a wider strategy to improve access to appointments and upgrade the facilities at our main Platform One branch on Station Street.
Patients registered with the practice will still have access to appointments with the GP+ service at Upper Parliament Street.
These plans include building additional consulting rooms and providing more staff to book appointments during peak times.
Our practice benefits from a range of feedback including patient satisfaction questionnaires, the Friends and Family Test, GP Survey data and individual patient comments. In response to this we introduced a new telephone system last year and will be able to make further improvements for our patients by operating from one branch in the future.
Patients who are affected by these changes can access advice and guidance via the CCG’s Patient Experience Team on 0115 8839570 or email@example.com
GP+ Nottingham City – extended hours access for patients
Offering Evening & Weekend Appointments bookable through your GP practice, patients registered at this practice are able to access additional routine appointments during evenings and weekends through the new GP+ service.
Appointments are available to see GPs, Practice Nurses, Clinical Pharmacists and Physiotherapists in a fully equipped accessible location on Upper Parliament Street in Nottingham City Centre.
Opening hours are:
16:00-20:00 Monday – Friday
09:00-13:00 Saturday & Sunday
This is not a walk-in service, appointments are required and booked through the reception team at the surgery. For more information visit: www.ncgpa.org.uk/gpplus
- Please click here to read our UPDATED PRIVACY NOTICE for patients.
- Patients registered at NEMS Platform One Practice should collect their prescriptions/ sick notes/ letters during the practice opening times only. Unfortunately when we are closed, the NEMS Out of Hours staff (based at Station Street) are unable to issue any of those items during our closed hours due to not having authorised access to the Platform One Practice system. To check our opening hours, please click the tab above.
- We have recently updated our telephone system. Patients are now given a series of options when they contact the surgery. Please select the option appropriate for your need. Please be aware that between 8 and 11 am our service prioritises urgent medical needs and same day appointment bookings. For prescription queries or sicknotes (where an appointment is not required), please call after 11am, for queries regarding referrals, medical reports or non-urgent medical needs (where an appointment is not required), please call after 2pm. We do not take prescription requests over the telephone.
- Do you have controlled drug items on your repeat medication? Please ensure that when collecting your prescription from the surgery, you have your ID or someone collecting on your behalf has their ID. Anyone collecting on your behalf (including nominated chemists) will have their name recorded in your notes as the collector of your prescription. If failure to present an acceptable method of identification occurs, we may withhold your prescription until the collector of the prescription returns with ID.
- You can now access a number of services online. Registered patients can now book appointments online and view your summary record. Please let reception know if you would like to register for this service and you will be provided with your log-in details.
The staff will strive very hard to ensure we deal with your queries however priority has to be given based on CLINICAL need. Verbal abuse will not be tolerated. Please click below to read our 'Respect Statement'.
Medical information resources are available in different languages on the following link:
Vitamin D is essential for general health and wellbeing, particularly healthy bones and teeth. It is mostly made in the skin by exposure to sunlight. In this country we know that 1 in 5 adults and 1 in 5 children may be deficient in Vitamin D.
In the UK, between the months of September and April, there is insufficient UV light from the sun to allow our skin to make vitamin D. Most people would benefit from taking supplements during this time. If you have been diagnosed with a Vitamin D deficiency and have had a course of Vitamin D it is important that you continue to take a supplement particularly during the winter months. They are cheap to buy from a chemist or supermarket. If you have any concerns about taking vitamin D speak to a member of our team or your local pharmacist.
Please follow the link below to get more information about Vitamin D, who is more susceptible to deficiency and advice about supplementation.
Vitamin D Brochure
Wish to go paperless? Please let Reception know if you would prefer to receive communication from us by email or SMS
(Site updated 22/05/2019)