Welcome to NEMS Platform One Practice
Welcome along to the NEMS Platform One Practice website where we hope you will quickly benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services. Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home. Please use the menu toolbar to navigate around the website.
75% of our appointments are released for same day bookings. Please call the Station Street site on 0115 8831900 from 8am Monday-Friday if you require one of these appointments.
(Please note the Upper Parliament Street Branch Practice, 0115 8831960 does not open until 9am Tuesday-Thursday)
PLATFORM ONE PRACTICE STATION STREET CLOSURE OVER BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND:
See below for the practice closure hours over the Bank Holiday weekend:
Saturday 26th May – CLOSED
Sunday 27th May – CLOSED (as usual)
Monday 28th May (Bank Holiday Monday) – CLOSED
Service will resume as normal on Tuesday 29th May 07:30-18:30 (Phone lines from 8am at Station Street)
NEED A REPEAT PRESCRIPTION OVER THE BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND?
Plan ahead and make sure you give us plenty of notice if you require your repeat prescription over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Request online, with your pharmacist or come in and speak to a receptionist.
Please note: We require at least 2 full working days notice for all prescription requests. Any requests that come in after Wednesday 23rd May will not be reviewed by a clinician until the following week.
- Please click here to read our UPDATED PRIVACY NOTICE for patients.
- Patients registered at NEMS Platform One Practice should collect the prescriptions/ sick notes/ letters during the practice opening times only. Unfortunately when we are closed, the NEMS Out of Hours staff are unable to issue any of those items due not having authorised access to the Platform One Practice system.
- On Tuesday 2nd January 2018 we changed our opening hours at our Upper Parliament Street Branch Practice. Please click the opening times tab above to see the new times that our Upper Parliament Street Branch Practice is accessible.
- We have recently updated our telephone system. Patients are now given a series of options when they contact the surgery. Please select the option appropriate for your need. Please be aware that between 8 and 11 am our service prioritises urgent medical needs and same day appointment bookings. For prescription queries or sicknotes (where an appointment is not required), please call after 11am, for queries regarding referrals, medical reports or non-urgent medical needs (where an appointment is not required), please call after 2pm. We do not take prescription requests over the telephone.
- Do you have controlled drug items on your repeat medication? Please ensure that when collecting your prescription from the surgery, you have your ID or someone collecting on your behalf has their ID. Anyone collecting on your behalf (including nominated chemists) will have their name recorded in your notes as the collector of your prescription. If failure to present an acceptable method of identification occurs, we may withhold your prescription until the collector of the prescription returns with ID.
- You can now access a number of services online. Registered patients can now book appointments online and view your summary record. Please let reception know if you would like to register for this service and you will be provided with your log-in details.
The staff will strive very hard to ensure we deal with your queries however priority has to be given based on CLINICAL need. Verbal abuse will not be tolerated
Medical information resources are available in different languages on the following link:
Wish to go paperless? Please let Reception know if you would prefer to receive communication from us by email or SMS
Evening and weekend appointments now available!
Patients registered at this practice can now access additional routine appointments at our new city centre NHS service, GP+ Nottingham City.
Speak to our reception team to book.
Find out more at www.ncgpa.org.uk/gpplus
(Site updated 23/05/2018)