Welcome to NEMS Platform One Practice
Welcome along to the NEMS Platform One Practice website where we hope you will quickly benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services. Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home. Please use the menu toolbar to navigate around the website.
75% of our appointments are released for same day bookings. Please call the Station Street site on 0115 8831900 from 8am Monday-Friday if you require one of these appointments.
(please note the Upper Parliament Street Branch Practice, 0115 8831960 does not open until 9am)
Our Branch Practice opening hours are changing!
From Tuesday 2nd January 2018 the opening hours for the Platform One Branch Practice on Upper Parliament Street will be changing. The new hours will be as follows:
Monday - CLOSED
Tuesday - 09:00-14:30
Wednesday - 09:00-14:30
Friday - CLOSED
Saturday - CLOSED
Sunday - CLOSED
The phone lines (0115 8831960) will open from 09:00am-14:30pm Tuesday-Thursday.
The opening hours for the Platform One Practice on Station Street will remain the same, with their phone lines (0115 8831900) opening from 08:00am-18:30pm Monday-Friday.
- Our opening times over the Christmas period will remain the same excluding:
Saturday 23rd December - CLOSED
Monday 25th December - CLOSED
Tuesday 26th December - CLOSED
Saturday 30th December - CLOSED
Monday 1st January - CLOSED
- PRESCRIPTIONS OVER CHRISTMAS - Please allow plenty of notice for your prescription requests over the festive period. We endeavour to process prescriptions within two FULL working days of receipt of patient requests. Due to the Bank Holiday closures over Christmas, please be aware of the following:
- Please request by the morning of Wednesday 20th December for it to be issued before Christmas
- Please request by the morning of Wednesday 27th December for it to be issued before New Year
- From Monday 2nd October 2017 the GMS1 registration form will be changing. If you wish to register with the surgery please be aware that we can only accept the new GMS1 form from this date. If you wish to register online, please be aware that the new GMS1 form will not be available until Monday 2nd October. If you have completed the old version of the GMS1 form, you will be asked to complete the new form.
- Identification will now be required on collection of prescriptions including controlled drugs. If you have a controlled drug item on your repeat medication, please ensure you have your ID or someone collecting on your behalf have their ID. Anyone collecting on your behalf (including nominated chemists) will have their name recorded in your notes as the collector of your prescription. If failure to present an acceptable method of identification occurs, we may withhold your prescription until the collector of the prescription returns with ID.
- You can now access a number of services online. Ordering a repeat prescription or sending us your comments are both just a click away. And if you’re not yet registered with us you can download the necessary forms here too. Registered patients can now book appointments online and view your summary record. Please let reception know if you would like to register for this service and you will be provided with your log-in details. Click here to log in
The staff will strive very hard to ensure we deal with your queries however priority has to be given based on CLINICAL need. Verbal abuse will not be tolerated
Medical information resources are available in different languages on the following link:
Wish to go paperless? Please let Reception know if you would prefer to receive communication from us by email or SMS
(Site updated 12/12/2017)